As lockdown is slowly lifted, we are going to create a collective UX Glasgow manifesto to envisage what we want to see from a post-coronavirus future.
Here is our manifesto:
People make UX Glasgow. These are the things that are important to us as user centred designers:
- We design solutions to real problems for the benefit of all, not just a few.
- We demand sustainability first. We design for the planet as much as the user, and consider the local and global impact of our decisions.
- We believe in removing barriers both as professionals and as a community. We don’t disable people through our designs, and we ensure the outputs from our community are accessible to all.
- We believe in equality, empathy, and equity. We are open to all and everyone’s voice is included.
- We understand that technology is a tool that can be used for good or bad. We want to do good.
- We acknowledge that we don’t have all the answers – so we listen to people and consider the implications of our actions before crafting a solution.