This month we had Jack Garfinkel from Scope, Lauren Tormey from University of Edinburgh, and Kelly Arnstein from University of Glasgow sharing insights and tips about how to make your content usable and effective.
Lauren talked through what she wants UX designers to know about content design – from an introduction to the discipline, to how it differs from other content roles.
Follow Lauren on twitter: @ltormey
Links from the slides
- Medium Post: The UK immigration system needs to stop hurting people
- Content design: What is Content Design?
- Content strategy: braintraffic.com
- UX writing: UX Writing, UX Copywriting, Content Strategy, and Content Design are not the same job
- Content strategy vs content design and UX writing: The past, present and future of UX writing and content design — an interview with Kristina Halvorson
- UX vs service design debate: Service Design and the Mario complex
Jack talked about how to get a job in content design. He covered skills you can learn on your own, projects to build your portfolio and how to use social media.
Follow Jack on Twitter: @CuriousScutter
Kelly showed how content design and UX intertwine, using a recent case study of web content at University of Glasgow.
Follow Kelly on Twitter: @kellyarnstein