On 7 June 2023 we hosted a Lean Coffee discussion on ‘Building communities of practice’. These are the resources we promised to share with the participants.
Communities of practice
- A community and a practice are not the same, but they are brilliant together (blog post) – by Emily Webber
- Loads of links and resources in a Twitter thread by UX Scotland keynote speaker Kara Kane
- An introduction to communities of practice (online guide) – by Etienne and Beverly Wenger-Trayner
- Building Successful Communities of Practice (23 min video) – talk by Emily Webber at Mind the Product London 2018
- Building Successful Communities of Practice (book) – by Emily Webber
- Communities of practice within and across organizations: a guidebook (book) – by Etienne and Beverly Wenger-Trayner
- Lean Coffee ™ (online guide) – the history of Lean Coffee, and basic instructions, by the folks that invented it
- Virtual Lean Coffee template with instructions (Google Doc) – by Mark Kilby
- Various Lean Coffee facilitation tips (blog posts) – by Mark Kilby
- Lean Coffee Table.com (online tool) – a purpose built tool to help you run virtual Lean Coffee sessions
- Miro template
- Mural template
Here at UX Glasgow we have meet-ups on the first Wednesday of every month. Around half of these take place remotely, so you don’t even need to be Glasgow-based to get involved!
Join our mailing list below and we’ll let you what’s happening when.